Posted by: martysweather | July 25, 2009

7/25/2009 @ 7AM in Bedford County, Tennessee

We are running a little late this morning, Benji slept in and the rest of the house did as well. The phone hasn’t rung AT ALL and we’re hoping for a few hours of tranquility today. The trip outdoors was Hot this morning and the heat is on the increase today along with the Shower chances beginning this afternoon. Last night at Sundown just before 8 PM we were sideswiped by a massive Thunder Shower that was visible for literally 50 miles. The folks over in Williamson County had a inch or more of Rain that wasn’t really in anybodies forecast, but that can happen this time of year just about any day. We only got .03 but at sunset it was able to soak in all night so we get some benefit from it. The real Shower chances begin after about 1 PM today and will remain at 30% or better everyday for the near future. We look to be returning to a more typical July and August weather pattern. Look for 90 or better temperature wise today and Sunday near 90 depending on the amount of Cloud cover we get. The Barometer is falling and Dew Points are rising. This is the last weekend in July and a lot of folks likely have Family Reunions and etc. going on this weekend so don’t let the 30% Shower chances dampen your spirits but do be careful of the Lightening. The Thunderstorms we get this weekend can be very electrical and this year in general around the Country has seen a increase in Lightening accidents. That’s most likely because people get complacent. You can be hit by a Bolt of Lightening that originates 30 miles away. That means you are hit and maybe no one would hear the Thunder for 6 seconds. Now after that let’s look at the facts.

We were grateful to report .03″ of Rain which Raises our July total to 4 inches. With the better part of a week to go. Not to bad at all for Middle Tennessee in July.

Temperature at 7 AM was 70 degrees according to my little machine that keeps up with that. We likely have a High of 90 to 92 degrees today and maybe 88 or so with more Clouds on Sunday. The over night lows will be 65 or so.

Barometer is 29.95″ and Falling a bit as the day wears on. No big moves.

Humidity is 90% and we are burning off the effects of our late day shower on Friday. Dew Points are on the rise and will be in the 70’s this weekend.

Wind has shifted South and is 2 mph early this morning. Look for 5 to 15 mph in the daytime and calm overnight for the next few days.

Sky is clear early but the buildups will begin early. A lot of Clouds and Sun this weekend.

The Summary for the weekend. Today: Isolated showers and thunderstorms after 1pm. Partly cloudy, with a high near 90 or 92. South wind between 5 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.Tonight: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. South wind between 5 and 10 mph becoming calm. Sunday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 88 or 90 depending on the Cloud cover. Calm wind becoming southwest between 5 and 10 mph.Sunday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 65. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm. That’s the way it is. Pretty standard stuff for this time of year. Have a great weekend and looking to see you in Church on Sunday.
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: