Posted by: martysweather | November 9, 2009

11/9/2009 @ 7AM in Bedford County, Tennessee

A mix of Sun and Clouds today as Hurricane Ida draws near the Gulf Coast. High today 71 deg. Low tonight 52 as Rain chances increase over night. Rain likely Tues. then Fair for the rest of the week. I had hopes that if we ignored Hurricane Ida she would fall apart but not our luck, not this year anyway. After our brush with the Ida I look for Fair weather and seasonal temperatures until Sunday at least. The core of Ida will remain well to our South and the wind field will not impact Tennessee more than 10 mph or so. Rain amounts should vary but I’m hoping for less than one half inch. The great outdoors is warm and dry this morning and with the exception of some Clouds it’s just one more in a week long streak of Fine Days. The Skunk population is active from all indications but fortunately not too close to the house. The Trees here are losing Leaves at a prodigious rate now and a Rain and some 10 mph wind will strip a lot more of them. The landscape looks more like early December instead of November. At ground level in spite of the numerous Frosty mornings we haven’t had a hard Freeze and the Grass still is not completely dormant and I’ve still got my eye on some mowing jobs but I’m out of the weed eating business until next April. Now let’s look at he facts.

Temp. 52 deg. and we look for a 71 / 52 day. High Tuesday in the 60’s and remaining in the 60 / 40 range most of the week. Perhaps a tad cooler Wednesday night.

Bar. 30.30″ and Steady after some brief ups and downs. Looking for no big drop over the next few days as Hurricane and soon to be Tropical Storm Ida is actually well to our South. Perhaps a brief dip Tuesday afternoon but the High Pressure returns and we have a stable week.

Hum. 86% and will Fall as we warm up. Their is more Tropical moisture approaching for Tuesday.

Wind E 2mph and will be 5 to 10 mph later. Look for a bend to more Northerly wind later today as the remnants of Ida pass to our South.

Sky Partly Cloudy and increasing Clouds this afternoon. Cloudy tonight and Tuesday.

The Summary, Today: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 71. Calm wind becoming east around 5 mph. Tonight: A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 52. Calm wind becoming north around 5 mph. Tuesday: Showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 65. North northeast wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.Tuesday Night: Isolated showers before midnight, then a chance of sprinkles after midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. North wind around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday may well dawn Sunny. Have a good day.






Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Categories

%d bloggers like this: